Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Conando Girl

I've been a fan of Conan O'Brien since his very early days on TV. I think he's as likable as Letterman, but funnier, and as funny as Jimmy Kimmel, but more likable. Anyway, the last few times I've seen his show, the funniest skit there featured him as Conando, the protagonist of a fake telenovela called "Noches de Pasion con Señor O'Brien". In every one of these skits Conan rescues the same Spanish maiden from the depredations of cartoonish lowlifes. The funniest part is usually the appearance of Andy Richter near the end, but that's not what this post is about.

More often than not these skits end with Conan pretending to kiss the girl he rescued. The girl is a stunner, probably the finest example of Mediterranean womanhood I've ever seen on TV. Here's a sample. Besides being that beautiful she happens to remind me of someone I used to know in flesh and blood...

Where was I? OK, I finally found that Conando girl on the web. Her name is Hannia Guillen, she was born in 1982 in Cuba and has resided in the US since the age of 10. She plays somebody in a real English language soap opera called Passions. If there was any justice in this world, she'd be starring in worldwide blockbusters now, while periodically giving birth to the kids of deserving billionaires to the sounds of fanfare and universal public celebrations. Instead I had to work with Google for a good 5 to 10 minutes to simply find out her name. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment