Monday, October 3, 2016

A New Quatrain for the Credo Poem

This past Saturday I wrote another quatrain for my big Credo poem:

Every modern recreation
Of morality from scratch,
On a rational foundation,
Has some flaw, some fatal catch.

The entire work in progress can be seen here. In this part I'm trying to make the point that I laid out in the 4th and 5th paragraphs of this book review. It will take a few more quatrains to do it fully. I'm sure that lots of people have thought of this stuff before me, but the goal of expressing it in verse as well as I can is attractive to me.

This quatrain, the 22nd that I wrote for this poem, took more time and effort than any of the others. I didn't expect that going in and I'm sure that someone looking at the poem wouldn't think that this was the hardest part to write. The reason is a mystery to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment