Sunday, March 26, 2017

Pretty Pictures

I often re-tweet cool-looking pics. Today I decided to look through them, picking out the best. However, endless scroll turned out to have an end, at least in IE and Chrome on Windows 7, so I was only able to see my tweets since the start of this year. I've been using Twitter since April of 2014, so this is a small percentage of what I was looking for.
 
 
If I hadn't drawn my avatar myself, I might have considered changing to the above. 


 
There's more after the jump.








I've only played a real, non-electronic piano once. The loudness surprised me, but the feel of the keys seemed similar.
 
If I remember correctly, I was so impressed with the above pic when I first saw it that I looked through its author's other stuff online. Didn't see anything as cool as this one.
 
 
As I've written here before, I often hang out at skyscraperpage.com. Here are some good pics of New York that I saw there recently. 
 






 
 
Manhattan looks much better from above than from street level. You don't even have to be very far up to appreciate it. At a large percentage of the island's buildings anything higher than the 20th floor is enough. And actually, these pics do not do it full justice. I guess the pixel count is not sufficient to compete with real life.
 
Below are some of the pics that I grabbed from the Net at different times to use as desktop backgrounds.

 
 
This is the Scarlet Sails festival in St. Petersburg.



The Hohenzollern Castle from which the Prussian kings originated.

No comments:

Post a Comment